The celebration of World Watercolor Month continues as we look at our soft pastels. Theses work beautifully with our water painters to bring your stamped images to life. For the card below, I used the floral image from the new Hello Harvest stamp set, watercolored with our soft pastels, to create the focal point.
It’s really very easy to watercolor with our soft pastels as I demonstrate in this video. I used the Mango Melody, Mossy Meadow, and Poppy Parade pastels to watercolor my mage.
Here are the measurements for all the cardstock I used to create this card:
- Mossy Meadow 4 1/4″ x 11″; scored at 5 1/2″
- Crumb Cake 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Rustic Harvest Designer Series Paper 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Basic White 4″ x 5 1/4″ for inside
- Basic White 2″ x 4″ for sentiment label
- Basic Black 3″ x 3″ for pumpkin
- Shimmery White 2″ x 3″ for floral image
You can order all the supplies you need from my Stampin’ Up! store. Here’s the list of everything I used to create this card.Product List
I hope you try watercolor painting with our soft pastels. It’s easy and fun. Be sure to post a picture of your beautiful project with the hashtag #craftyklock so we can see what you have made. Have fun and Happy Stamping!