The 2022 Stampin’ Up! July to December Mini Catalog goes live on Friday, July 1st. One of my favorite new suites is the Santa Express! There’s just something about Santa and trains that make Christmas magical. While Christmas is Santa’s busiest time of year, sometimes he finds time to celebrate other holidays! Like the 4th of July.
For this week’s Lesson@Lunch video, I demonstrated how, with just a few small color changes, you can use this set beyond the holidays. Change Santa’s suit to blue, color your train in red and blue and voila! You now have Santa celebrating the 4th of July. Here are the measurements of the cardstock:
- Sweet Sorbet card base – 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″; scored at 4 1/4″
- Starry Sky cardstock 5 1/4″ x 4″ (die cut oval from center of this piece – hole will be covered by top layer)
- Soft Suede 1 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ for railroad track die cut
- Basic White cardstock 5″ x 3 3/4″ (for top layer on outside
- Basic White cardstock 5 1/4″ x 4″ (for inside)
- Basic White cardstock 5 1/4″ x 4″ for stamping and die cutting train cars and penguins
- Basic White cardstock 1″ x 2″ for sentiment
You can watch the video tutorial on my Crafty Klock YouTube channel (thanks for subscribing!)
You can purchase all the items used to make this card from my Stampin’ Up! store. The Santa Express Suite (#159597) is not available for purchase until July 1st. Here’s a list of the other products I used to create this card.Product List
I can’t wait to see what you create with the new Santa’s Express Suite! Be sure to use the hashtag #craftyklock when posting pictures of your projects so we can easily find them. Thanks for reading and happy stamping!