Let your Designer Series Paper Shine
If you are anything like me – you’re busy! Between a full time jobs, family, pets, and volunteer (voluntold?) work you probably don’t have much time to indulge your passion for crafting. That’s why I love quick and easy projects – something that goes together in just a few minutes but that I’m still proud to say I made. And again if you’re a crafter like me – you might just have a wee bit of a paper problem. I love pretty papers!
And because I love pretty papers, I have a lot (I mean A LOT of pretty papers). One of my favorite ways to use all my pretty papers is to let it be the star of my projects. When you let your beautiful Designer Series Papers be the focal point of your card you’ll be amazed at how easy it is to create pretty cards and projects.
Quick & Easy does the trick!
Last night for my live demo, I used the Fresh as a Daisy Designer Series Paper to create two cards – a #simplestamping card and one a little more stepped up. For both cards, I let the Designer Series Paper really carry the design and just added a few little embellishments and stamped images to complete the projects. See for yourself.
For the #simplestamping card, I let the Designer Series Paper form the background while the small stamped sentiment becomes the focal point. For the stepped up card, I let the DSP form the entire card base and added a few other elements to add interest and camouflage the pocket for a gift card or cash. With graduation and wedding season upon us, this a a great design when you need a card in a hurry.
Video Tutorial, Measurements, & Supplies
You can watch my live demo on my Crafty Klock YouTube channel (and if you are not already a subscriber, I would be so grateful if you would subscribe!).
For the #simplestamping card I used the following supplies:
- Moody Mauve cardstock 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″; scored at 4 1/4″
- Basic White cardstock (for inside) 5 1/4″ x 4″
- Fresh as a Daisy DSP 5 1/4″ x 4″
- Vellum Circle punched with the Decorative Circle punch
- Basic White Circle punched with 1 3/4″circle punch
- Cheerful Daisies stamp set
- Moody Mauve Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends
- Brass Butterflies
- Moody Mauve 3/8″ Textured Ribbon
For the Gift Card Holder card I used the following supplies:
- Fresh as a Daisy Designer Series Paper 4 1/4″ x 12″; scored along the 12″ side at 1 1/2″, 4″ and 6 1/2″
- Basic White cardstock 4″ x 5″ – 2 pieces
- One piece die cut with Scalloped Contours dies
- One piece stamped with large and medium Daisy images and die cut ewith mci
- Garden Green cardstock 2″ x 2″ for leaf image die cuts
- Crushed Curry cardstock 3″ x 3″ and punched with 2 3/8″ circle punch
- Crushed Curry & Early Espresso Classic Stampin’ Pads
- Early Espresso Stampin’ Write Marker
You can purchase the supplies I used to make these cards from my Stampin’ Up! store. Just click on the button below.
Hey thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope I have inspired you to try something new. I think you will really like using your Designer Series Paper to create quick and easy cards. Happy Stamping!