I love Sunday afternoons when I can head down to my workshop and create! Today I challenged myself to create a card using the Swirly Frames stamp set I won at Stampin’ Up!’s April On Stage event. To be honest, this is not a set I would have ordered – but since I did win it, I decided it was time to play with it. It took me a while to decide what to do with it and I played around with different color combos, but I am loving the end result! Once I settled on a design, the card went together so easily and I got to use lots of different techniques. Follow the directions below to create your own card. Your friends will be impressed with your creative genius! Remember to have fun and enjoy.
- Using the large and small circle stamps from the Swirly Frames stamp set and Versa Mark ink, randomly stamp circles on the Night of Navy card base and Mint Macaroon strip.
- Using the small circle stamp from Swirly Frames and Versa Mark ink, randomly stamp circles on water color paper, sprinkle with clear embossing powder and set with a heat tool.
- To add interest, I rounded opposite corners on the Mint Macaroon Strip and watercolor paper using the Detailed Trio punch.
- Create the tie dyed effect using an aqua painter and Night of Navy and Mint Macaroon inks.
- Using the large circle from Swirly Frames and Mint Macaroon ink, stamp the circle and cut using the largest circle from the layered circles framelits. Cut a circle from Night of Navy cardstock to fit inside the Mint Macaroon circle.
- Adhere the Mint Macaroon Strip, watercolor paper, and circles to the card base using snail adhesive
- With the Petal Palette stamp set and matching thinlits, stamp the Flowers with Tuxedo Black and the greeting with Mint Macaroon. Color the flowers with Stampin’ Blends markers and add Wink of Stella. Cut the flowers and greeting using the matching thinlits.
- For a pop of color, adhere a piece of ribbon (I used Calypso Coral) with snail adhesive. Add the greeting and flowers using stampin’ dimensionals.
All supplies can be ordered from my on-line shop by clicking here.
These are the items used:
- Night of Navy 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock – #100867
- Mint Macaroon 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock – #138337
- Whisper White 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock – #100730
- Water Color paper – #122959
- Night of Navy classic stampin’ pad – #147110
- Mint Macaroon classic stampin’ pad – #147106
- Swirly Frames Stampset – #146519
- Petal Palette Stampset – #145788
- Versamark pad – #102283
- Versamark refill – #102193
- Aqua Painter – #103954
- Clear embossing powder – #109130
- Heat Tool – #129053
- Detailed Trio Punch – #146320
- 1/4 Ombre Ribbon in Calypso Coral – #144235
- Layering Circles Framlits – #141705
- Petals & More Thinlits – #145655
- Big Shot Die Cutting Machine – #143263