It’s never too early for Christmas!
Especially when you are a crafter. We are often working several months ahead to plan classes and projects, getting ready for craft fair season, or just to get a jump on the holiday madness. That’s why I’m excited to share these two projects with you – to put you in the holiday spirit and to get a jump on your holiday crafting.
Like many of you, I’m busy. Between a full time job, family, dogs, and volunteer commitments it seems there is never enough time to do it all. That’s why I love to create cards that look fancy and complicated but in reality are pretty simple to make.
A cut here, a fold there
Over the years I have been crafting and card making I have found that less is more. You don’t need to add a lot of embellishments and do dads to create cards that make people go “WOW”. Sometimes it really is as simple as a few straight cuts and a couple of extra fold lines and you’ve created a “WOW” card.
Usually when I do my Thursday night demonstrations, I do a simple stamping card and one a little more stepped up. Tonight though, I’m doing two fun folds as the beautiful new One Horse Open Sleigh Designer Series Paper just begs for fun folds that display its beauty. Check them out – what do you think?
Let’s go for a sleigh ride!
Well we’re not really going for a sleigh ride but you can watch how I made these cards on my Crafty Klock YouTube channel. The measurements and supply list will follow below. Please note the One Horse Open Sleigh Suite of products will not be available for purchase until July 6, 2023. However, if you sign up as a demonstrator before that date you can add them to your starter kit (and keep reading for more information on our current join special).
Measurements and Supplies
Front Panel Card
- Misty Moonlight cardstock 4 1/4″ x 8″; scored at 1 1/4″; 2 1/2″; 5 1/2″; 6 3/4″
- Misty Moonlight cardstock 1 1/4″ x 5 1/2″
- Basic White 2 3/4″ x 4″ (for back)
- DSP – cut 4 at 7/8″ x 4″; cut 1 at 2 1/2″ x 4″
- DSP – cut 1 at 1″ x 5 1/2″
- Basic Black 2 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ for die cut sleigh
Side Step Card
- Night of Navy cardstock 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ – See diagram below for cutting and scoring directions
- Basic White 3″ x 5 1/4″ (for inside)
- Basic White 1″ x 5 1/2″
- Basic White 2 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ for stamped and die cut sleigh image
- Basic White – scraps for snow bank die cuts
- DSP cut 2 at 7/8″ x 3″
- DSP 3 5/8″ x 3″
- Silver Metallic – scraps backed with adhesive sheets for sleigh accents
You can purchase the One Horse Open Sleigh Suite beginning on July 6, 2023. If you want it now, you can add it to your starter kit when you join Stampin’ Up! With our current join special you can get $155 worth of products of your choice for only $99 (no shipping). To join now or learn more, click here.
To purchase any of the supplies used in this tutorial, you can shop my Stampin’ Up! store. Just click the button to shop.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I hope you were inspired to try something new. Happy Stamping!