Hello Crafters. BRRR! It’s been COLD here in Northern Virginia which means I want to stay inside and craft – one of my favorite things to do. As January winds down, my thoughts turn to that sweetest of days – Valentine’s Day. I like to think of Valentine’s Day as a time to remember not just our loved ones but dear friends and really just anyone who we intereact with on a regular basis. Everyone likes to be remembered and made to feel special and with this easy project you can make this for everyone you want to remember on this sweetest of days!
The box holds three Lindor Truffles and goes together quickly. To make this project you will need a piece of cardstock cut to 7” x 10” and a piece of Designer Series Paper (DSP) cut to 3 ¼” x 2”. Here are the step by step instructions followed by a template of the box before folding.
- Score along the 7” side at ½”, 1 ¾”, 5 ¼” and 6 ½”
- Score along the 10” side at ½”, 1 ¾”, 3”, 4 ¼”, 5 ½” and 7 ½”
- Crease along all score lines but keep cardstock flat for now
- Using the smallest Stitched Rectangle framelit, cut a window in the second 1 ¼” section from the ½” score line (template)
- Cut away areas marked in red in diagram above
- Trim along the score lines to inner score lines on each side of the section with the rectangular window (template)
- Fold over the bigger section along the 7 ½” score line and adhere with snail (it will go past the score line – this is ok and necessary to stabilize the box)
- Adhere your DSP to this section with snail
- Fold over the ½” section and place a strip of adhesive along the length
- Fold over the box at the 3” score line and gently adhere the ½” tab with the adhesive to the larger section with the DSP
- Continue to fold along score lines to create box
- Round the corners of the 1/2 flap on each side to make it easier to close the box
- Fold over flaps on one end and tuck in ½’ tab to close end
- Place three truffles in box, fold over flaps and tuck in ½” tab to close end
- Add greeting and embellishments of your choice to section with DSP
You can order all the supplies used here:
Placing an order today? Of course you are! If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, I’d love for you please add this Host Code –VBWCHSSV–when prompted. Thank you!